Program and Topics
- Barrier Island Restoration
- Barrier Islands
- Beach Nourishment/restoration
- Beneficial Use of Dredged Sediment
- Case Studies
- Climate Change & Sea Level Rise Impacts
- Climate Justice in the Coastal Zone
- Coastal Bluffs & Cliffs
- Coastal Dunes & Aeolian Processes
- Coastal Environmental Justice
- Coastal Marsh Morphology & Vegetation
- Coastal Structures Morphologic Response
- Cohesive Sediments & Muddy Coasts
- Coupled Natural-Human Systems Modeling in the Coastal Zone
- Ecosystem Restoration/Sedimentological Restoration
- Gravel and Mixed Grain Sediment Transport
- Inlets & Navigation Channels
- Large-Scale Coastal Behavior
- Living Shoreline
- Long-term Coastal Evolution
- Measurement Techniques in the Coastal Zone
- Monitoring and Adaptive Management
- Morphodynamics of Reef-lined or Carbonate Coasts
- Regional Sediment Management
- Natural and Nature Based Features
- River Deltas and their Restoration
- Shoreface Morphodynamics
- Surf-zone Processes
- Working/Engineering with Nature
Coastal restoration: resilient ecosystem services under sediment scarcity
Conveners: Agustín Sánchez-Arcilla (Catalonia University of Technology), Vicente Gracia (Catalonia University of Technology), Mark Shuerch (University of Lincoln), and Robert Nicholls (University of East Anglia).
Interdisciplinary Investigations into Water-Land Processes During Major Storms
Conveners: Britt Raubenheimer (Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution), Laura Moore (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill), Steve Elgar (Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution), Jim Chen (Northeastern University), Holly Michael (University of Delaware), and Nina Stark (Virginia Tech).
Barrier Island Research to Inform Management and Restoration: Observations, Analysis, and Prediction
Conveners: Soupy Dalyander (The Water Institute of the Gulf) and Davina Passeri (U.S. Geological Survey).
Leveraging Dredging, Operational, and Monitoring Data for Sediment Management and Applied Research
Conveners: Christopher Esposito (The Water Institute), Michael Hartman (US Army Corps of Engineers), John Swartz (The Water Institute), and Andrew Courtois (The Water Institute).
Sediment for Survival: Louisiana’s Holistic Sediment Management Plan for Ecosystem Restoration
Conveners: Syed Khalil (Louisiana CPRA) and Mike Miner (The Water Institute of the Gulf).
The role of offshore sedimentary deposits in past coastal evolution and future coastal resilience
Conveners: John Swartz (TWI), Jim Flocks (USGS), Clark Alexander (UGA), Ashley Long (BOEM).
Large Scale Ecosystem Restoration Projects in Coastal Louisiana
Conveners: Dain Gillen.
Geology and Geotechnics in the Coastal Zone
Conveners: Jack Cadigan (USACE ERDC CHL), Brian Harris (ERDC CHL), Justin Shawler (ERDC CHL), Navid Jafari (Lousiana State University), and Robert Mahon (University of New Orleans).
From Cores to Code: Data-model integration to improve reconstructions & forecasts of coastal change
Conveners: Christopher Hein (Virginia Institute of Marine Science, William & Mary) and Jessica Pilarczyk (Simon Fraser University).
USCRP: US Coastal Research Program
Conveners: Elizabeth Royer (University of South Florida) and Nicholas Brown (Florida Atlantic University).
Contact Ping Wang if you wish to propose a special session.
Destination and Venue:
New Orleans, LA
It's all about location in New Orleans, and our hotel is at the center of it all. Watch the ships come in on the Mississippi River and dive into city life just steps away. Grab a beignet, listen to live jazz, ride a streetcar, catch a parade – you never know what you'll experience with the excitement of New Orleans just outside our front door.